We've all been there: waking up with night sweats, hair sticking to our pillowcases, frantically trying to get some airflow to our neck and cool down our body temperature. Overheating at night is pretty common and can really ruin the quality of our sleep if it happens repeatedly (thanks, hot flashes). One solution that's surprisingly simple and affordable is to invest in a cooling pillowcase, and as usual, Amazon has more than enough options.
We've compiled a list of the best cooling pillowcases made of breathable materials and temperature regulating technology. Keeping your body temperature more manageable is key. The cooling effect these pillowcases offer is seriously incredible. I can't go back to a normal pillowcase after buying one with cooling technology.
Best Cooling Pillowcases For a More Comfortable Sleep
1. Bedsure Cooling Pillow Cases 20x26 inches - Standard Pillow Cases Set of 2 for Night Sweats and Hot Sleepers
This set of two cooling pillowcases is perfect for hot sleepers. The microfiber material keeps you from overheating, and the reversible design means the pillow can be used in different seasons as your needs change. One side is breathable cotton, and the other is the "cool side" with cooling fibers.
The bed pillowcase has an overall 4.2-star rating out of five stars.
2. Bedsure Bamboo Pillow Cases Queen Set of 2 - Cooling Ultra Soft Pillowcases - Viscose from Bamboo - Organic Natural Silky Material, Moisture Wicking(Grey, Queen Size 20x30 inches)
Made with bamboo-derived rayon, these pillowcases are naturally moisture-wicking and come in different sizes, so whether you need a standard size, a queen size, or a king-size pillow, you'll find it here. These cooling bamboo pillowcases are super durable and have great reviews on Amazon.
3. 100% Organic Cotton Pillow Cases - Soft and Crisp, Cooling Percale Weave, Hypoallergenic Pillow Covers, Set of 2 (Standard, Blue)
If you're looking for a cooling pillowcase but want to make sure it won't mess with your allergies, these hypoallergenic cotton pillowcases are a great option. These pillow covers deter allergens and come in a variety of colors so you can still match your existing linens set.
4. Colorado Home Co Silk Pillowcase for Hair and Skin - Light Blue - Queen Size - Hypoallergenic Washable and Cooling Pillow Cover for Hot Sleepers
Anyone who enjoys a bit of luxury in small ways (don't we all?) will love these silk pillowcases. Not only are they hypoallergenic and a great cooling pillow protector, but silk pillowcases help prevent hair breakage and can be great for your skin. That's a win-win-win!
5. Snuggle-Pedic Zipper Removable Pillow Cover Kool-Flow Luxurious Bamboo Material - All USA Made (Standard Size)
6. SHEEX - Original Performance Pillowcases (Set of 2), Ultra-Soft Fabric Transfers Body Heat and Breathes Better Than Traditional Cotton - Graphite, Standard
With an 87% microfiber polyester and 13% spandex construction, Sheex pillowcases are cooler and more breathable than traditional cotton. Using thermoregulating quick-drying temperature control, this lightweight performance fabric helps keep body temperature low by wicking away moisture-breathing better than stuffy tightly-woven high-thread-count cotton.
Editor's Note: Products featured on Wide Open Country are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
This article was originally published on March 29, 2021.
Enjoy all things country?
Don't miss a story! Sign up for daily stories delivered to your inbox.