Moments of doubt, low self-esteem and insecurity can plague just about anyone. That's when a little dose of country music wisdom from some of the strongest women in the biz can pick you right up. From classic country to today, these female country stars are God-fearing, badass sources of funny quotes and worldly wisdom.
1. "Growing up is not being so dead-set on making everybody happy." - Reba McEntire
She's funny, multi-talented and doesn't take any sass. Remember when she had that television show "Reba"?
2. "I'm not just a big-haired redhead country singer who dresses flamboyantly, has this wicked sense of humor and wears rhinestones." -Naomi Judd
She's so much more, but this list is a stellar start...
3. "Find out who you are and do it on purpose." -Dolly Parton
Dolly is the rainbow after the rain. She always has just the right thing to say for every occasion, as a songwriter and a source or meme-worthy motivational quotes.
4. "My idea is to push buttons first, scare off the people who are going to be scared off, and then the right people will like you for who you really are, and stay with you." -Kacey Musgraves
This Texas star probably wins almost everyone over in the end.
5. "Not only do I know how to milk a cow, but I know how to herd a bunch of cows, too, which is a life skill that I think may come in handy someday." -Martina McBride
And she can belt out a classic tune. This is why Martina McBride will always be a legend.
6. "My attitude toward men who mess around is simple: If you find 'em, kill 'em." -Loretta Lynn
Are there any lovelorn folks out there? Nashville legend Loretta Lynn is your woman.
7. "I don't spend time wondering what might be next; I just focus on trying to savor every day." -Trisha Yearwood
She's full of wisdom, sunshine, and lots of amazing cooking advice. It doesn't hurt she's married to another country star who dishes out some amazing country songs.
8. "It sounds corny, but I've promised my inner child that never again will I ever abandon myself for anything or anyone else." -Wynonna Judd
This quote is far from corny. Amen, sister!
9. "Boys, they can't take my refrigerator now. They'll never get my car now. I paid cash for 'em and they're mine, and I'm keepin' 'em!" -Patsy Cline
Before Destiny's Child belted out "Independent Woman" in the early 2000s, there was Patsy Cline.
10. "Every day is a new day, and you'll never be able to find happiness if you don't move on." -Carrie Underwood
She's a business mogul and arguably the most successful winner of American Idol. So, this country girl from Oklahoma knows what she's talking about.
11. "My mom was always saying: 'Be whatever you want to be but stick with it. Don't waiver. Don't change who you are for anybody.'" -Miranda Lambert
Lambert is all about the girl power and so are we! Be yourself...who cares what anyone else thinks?
12. "I think beauty comes from within. If you're happy and look at life in the best way you can, even when there are problems, it can make you beautiful on the outside."-Faith Hill
This inspirational quote is always applicable to real life situations. Positivity is always a good idea and will help brighten up everyone around you.
This post was originally published on January 26, 2016.
Now Watch: Luke Bryan's Family Story
Enjoy all things country?
Don't miss a story! Sign up for daily stories delivered to your inbox.