Although the Las Vegas shooting has shaken many performers and fans across the music world, Luke Bryan still had an inspiring message for the crowd at his Farm Tour stop on Saturday, Oct. 7 in Missouri.
“First of all I want to remember those beautiful those innocent wonderful country music fans and those victims and I want to remember them and pray for their families,” Bryan said, holding his hat in the air.
“I love you guys for being brave and showing up tonight and understanding the best thing we can do is show up tonight and do what we know how to do, have fun,” Bryan stated to a rousing chant of “USA! USA! USA!” “Have fun as Americans and celebrate all the music and celebrate country music tonight, thank you.”
Bryan also acknowledged the victims of the Las Vegas shooting as well as the first responders who rushed in to help people amidst flying bullets. The crowd once again erupted into cheers when he also saluted local law enforcement in attendance at the show. He thanked them for helping to secure the safety of the concertgoers. You can see his full address in the video above.
Bryan ended his speech with a moment of silence for the victims of the Las Vegas shooting before resuming his set. The concert was Bryan’s first since the attack that claimed 58 lives and injured over 500 others.
- Jason Aldean Opens Saturday Night Live with Powerful Cover of “I Won’t Back Down”
- Luke Bryan Discusses His Heartbreaking Call with Jason Aldean After Shooting
- Jason Aldean Says It’s “Time to Come Together and Stop the Hate”
- Brittany Aldean Shares Her Harrowing Account of the Las Vegas Shooting
- Eric Church Gives Emotional Speech, Performs New Song for Las Vegas Victims