This creamy soup made with kale, sausage, and potatoes will bring the warmth of Tuscany to your kitchen, no matter the season.
- 1 lb spicy Italian sausage
- 1 onion, chopped (Check out our handy how-to video)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs fresh oregano (Or 1 tsp dried)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 12 red potatoes, sliced thin
- 6 cups broth
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and leaves roughly chopped (About 3 cups worth)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Heat large pot over medium heat then cook sausage, breaking it into small chunks. Drain excess fat.
- Add onion and garlic, then cook until they begin to brown, 5-7 minutes. Add oregano and red pepper flakes, as well as salt and pepper, if desired.
- Stir in potatoes and broth (add more if the potatoes aren't submerged) and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer and let cook until the potatoes are almost tender, about 20-30 minutes.
- Stir in kale and cook for 5-10 minutes to let if soften, then stir in heavy cream and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm, with crunchy garlic bread and parmesan shavings, and enjoy!
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.