One of the easiest dishes in the world to fix for potlucks, game day and lazy fall weekends is chili. And it's even easier when you make that chili in your slow cooker. We've got a delicious recipe for slow cooker white turkey chili that everyone in your crew will love. It takes just a few minutes of prep time, then you can head outside to play in the leaves knowing that dinner is taken care of. Using ground turkey in this chili recipe is a nice twist, and the white beans both taste and look great.
Start by cooking the ground turkey in a large skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat for about 6-7 minutes or until there's no pink left in the meat. When the turkey is cooked, place it in the slow cooker. Then use the same skillet to cook the onion (a white or yellow onion is fine), poblano and garlic cloves for a total time of about five minutes. Once cooked, add the mixture to the slow cooker.
While the ingredients are cooking in the skillet, blend one can of beans with a cup of chicken broth in a blender or food processor until it's smooth, then add to the slow cooker. Finally, add in the rest of the ingredients: the rest of the beans and broth, plus the corn, chili powder, ground cumin, oregano, salt and black pepper. Cover and cook on low for eight hours, then serve with cilantro and shredded cheese.
Slow Cooker White Turkey Chili
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 poblano chile, seeded and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 15.5-oz cans great northern beans
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Chopped cilantro
- shredded cheese
- In a large skillet over medium-high, add the olive oil and heat. Add the ground turkey and cook until no longer pink, about 6-7 minutes. Remove from pan and place into slow cooker.
- To skillet ad the onion, chile and garlic, adding more oil if needed, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add to the slow cooker.
- In a blender or food processor add 1 can of beans with 1 cup of broth. Blend until smooth. Add to the slow cooker.
- To the slow cooker add the remaining beans, broth, corn, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours. Serve with cilantro and shredded cheese.
Perfect PairingServe this Chili with Spiced Moonshine. [embed_recipe id='19247']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.