Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
These gooey cheese-filled Italian meatballs are the perfect hearty appetizer, or surprise addition to a plate of homemade spaghetti.
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef (Or a mix of beef and pork)
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 3 tbs chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbs Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 6 oz mozzarella, cut into 36 cubes (Or 36 tiny mozzarella balls)
- Preheat the oven to 450 F and line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg. Add the meat, bred crumbs, parsley, and seasonings. Mix well.
- Divide the meat into 36 balls. Press one mozzarella cube into each ball, shaping the meat to cover the cheese.
- Place the filled meatballs on the sheet pan then bake until cooked through, about 13 to 15 minutes.
Another festive way to prepare this recipe is in the slow cooker. Prep all the ingredients, then transfer the uncooked meatballs to the slow cooker. Cover with tomato sauce, and cook 1-2 hours on high until cooked through, or 3-4 hours on low.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.