The art of sewing has been around for over 20,000 years, and its techniques continue to expand and evolve. Although sewing may seem like a complex and intricate craft, there are many beginner-friendly tutorials, and even mini sewing machines to help you get started.
There are also many benefits that come with sewing. For example, sewing helps sharpen motor skills and it can also help boost your confidence and self-esteem. Not to mention, sewing allows you to make your own clothes and garments to your own liking. As you get the basics down of a small size machine, you'll be able to work your way up to a full-size machine in no time. So if you are looking to get your feet wet with sewing, here are the five best mini sewing machines sorted by price to get you started!
Best Mini Sewing Machines
1. Portable Sewing Machine Mini Sewing Machines for Beginner 2-Speed Double Thread Handheld Sewing Embroidery Machine Straight Sewing with Foot Pedal Gifts
Don't underestimate the size of this little machine. This mini sewing machine is compact and portable but will accommodate most of your sewing projects, including clothes and curtains. This machine comes with an LED light and a thread cutter. To get this small but mighty machine running, you need 4 AA batteries or use the external power supply.
2. Jeteven Mini Electric Sewing Machine, Handheld Household Sewing Machine Portable Lightweight Sewing Machine for Beginners, Kids, Crafting DIY, Travel, Quick Repairs and Small Projects
Although this handheld sewing machine from Amazon may be little, you will still be able to take on larger projects. Set-up is easy. All you need to do is install the thread, and you will be on your way! You can find the warranty information on the manufacturer's website.
3. Mini Sewing Machine Portable for Beginner Sewing Machine Electric with 12 Stitches Crafting Mending Machine with Reverse Stitch
Whether you are looking to adjust your skirt's hemming or sew mini doll clothes, this small sewing machine will get the job done. The 1st-4th stitches are used for straight stitches, and the 7th-8th are used for sewing buttonholes. The speed control is adjusted with the foot pedal. It also includes an automatic bobbin along with the basic accessories you need to get started, such as an adapter, spools, bobbins, and needles.
4. Magicfly Portable Sewing Machine, 12 Built-in Stitches Mini Sewing Machine for Beginner with Reverse Sewing, 3 Replaceable Feet, Extension Table, Accessory Kit, Blue
5. Janome Lady Lilac Basic, Easy-to-Use, 10-Stitch Portable, Compact Sewing Machine with Free Arm only 5 pounds
- Over $100
This free-arm machine makes for a great first sewing machine. You get 12 built-in stitches including straight and zig-zag making this a versatile machine. Other features of this machine include storage for your accessories, threading diagrams, and a top drop-in bobbin. There is also a safety guard on the presser foot, making this a safer option for little kids and beginners.