Oscar winner Jennifer Lawrence's family farm in Kentucky recently suffered serious damages from a horrible fire. The property also runs a summer camp, Camp Hi-ho, which released a statement addressing the fire on Nov. 28. The holiday season is such a terrible time for a tragedy such as this, especially during a year when so many have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Thankfully, no one was harmed in the fire, but the pics obtained by TMZ here show just how terrible the fire was.
"It is with the heaviest of hearts that we confirm the news that we lost our barn last night in a horrible fire. We are deeply thankful that no people or animals were hurt, but we are still mourning the loss of years of hard work and memories that occurred in these walls," the statement read. "Words cannot describe the pain we are in, but we are so incredibly grateful for the Simpsonville Fire Department and all the other fire fighters who responded to our emergency. You are true heroes.
"We are also so grateful for the countless members of our community who have reached out to support us during this time. Your love and kindness mean the world to us. God's goodness and protection is evident in this situation already, and our hope remains steadfast in Him, knowing that He is with us and in control of the steps ahead. We know Camp Hi-Ho is a special place to so many, and we plan to rebuild and repair so that we can move forward with a safe and joyful camp experience this summer."
The Fire Department got a call around 9 pm the night of the fire and it took over an hour and over 30 firefighters to extinguish the flames in the barn.
"One of the issues with a rural area is always water supply. Unfortunately in areas like this, without hydrants, we have to have all our water tankered in for suppression efforts," Simpsonville Assistant Fire Chief Bobby Cravens told WLKY.
TMZ obtained an email that the actress's brother, Blaine Lawrence, director of Camp Hi-ho, sent to parents of past campers. He explained exactly what the massive fire destroyed which was more than just the barn. He detailed out that other areas affected included an indoor riding area, indoor rock wall, arts and crafts pavilion, native wildlife display center, horse stalls, office space, farm equipment, a nurse station, and more. Luckily there were multiple areas unaffected like the archery range, outdoor sports court, tree fort space, and more. Thankfully no animals or humans were harmed in the fire and Lawrence is dedicated to getting the camp back up and running by next summer.