Irish Potato Candy
These poppable coconut candy treats get their name from their looks instead of their ingredients, with the dusty coating of cinnamon imitating potato skin.
- 4 tbs butter, room temperature
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature (Not whipped)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 16 oz powdered sugar
- 7 oz sweetened flaked coconut (About 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 tbs cinnamon (For coating, may need more as you go)
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add the vanilla and powdered sugar, then beat again until smooth. Mix in the coconut until evenly incorporated.
- Rolling with your hands, shape the mixture into balls or lumpy potato shapes. Roll the lumps in the cinnamon to coat, then place on a cookie sheet and chill until firm, about 1 hour.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.