Charlie Worsham is gearing up to release his second album, Beginning of Things. The 13-track record will be ready for your listening pleasure on April 21.
Worsham isn't just a talented singer and performer, but also a songwriter. On this particular record, he co-wrote the majority of the tracks with some heavy-hitting Nashville songwriters, including Brent Cobb and Shane McAnally.
"We had so much fun! I had fallen out of love with music, and making this record put me back in love with it on a level I hadn't felt since I was a teenager," Worsham says in a press release. "Beginning Of Things was a challenge in surrendering control and trusting my own talent. I'm confident that these songs and these recordings capture my musical geography and personal truth, and at the end of the day, I'm convinced that is the ultimate purpose of an artist—to speak one's truth."
This is Worsham's first release since 2013's Rubberband. Since it's been a while, he's letting fans get an early taste of the album. The album's title track, "Beginning of Things," can be heard right now on NPR while a few other songs drop this Friday (Jan. 27). The five that are ready for early release will be available for download through digital retailers. They're also instant downloads for fans who pre-order Beginning of Things.
Charlie Worsham's Beginning of Things Track Listing:
1. "Pants" (Jeff Hyde)
2. "Please People Please" (Charlie Worsham, Ryan Tyndell)
3. "Southern By The Grace of God" (Charlie Worsham, Luke Dick, Shane McAnally)
4. "Call You Up" (Abe Stoklasa, Daniel Tashien)
5. "Lawn Chair Don't Care" (Charlie Worsham, Brent Cobb, Ryan Tyndell)
6. "Only Way To Fly" (Charlie Worsham, Brent Cobb, Ryan Tyndell)
7. "Old Times Sake" (Charlie Worsham, Jeremy Spillman, Brent Cobb)
8. "Cut Your Groove" (Charlie Worsham, Oscar Charles)
9. "I Ain't Goin' Nowhere" (Charlie Worsham, Ryan Tyndell, Billy Montana)
10. "The Beginning Of Things" (Abe Stoklasa, Donovan Woods)
11. "Birthday Suit" (Luke Dick, Jason Lehning)
12. "I-55" (Charlie Worsham, Ben Hayslip)
13. "Take Me Drunk" (Charlie Worsham, Ryan Tyndell, Steve Bogard)
Now Watch: The New Nashville - Aubrie Sellers
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.