Pork loin roast is one of the easiest main dishes you can make and it's always impressive. Even for a simple weeknight dinner, pork roast makes everything a bit more special. You can use a slow cooker, but honestly the total time to make this delicious main course isn't much. This brown sugar pork roast recipe is perfect for a regular family dinner, and it's fast to make if you have surprise guests that you want to impress.
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and heat olive oil in a cast-iron pan on medium-high heat. If you don't have a cast-iron skillet, brown the pork roast in a regular skillet and then use a baking sheet or roasting pan in the oven. While things are heating up, mix the flour, salt, ground14 black pepper and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Coat the pork tenderloin in the dry mix and then place the meat into the pan. Brown each side.
While the pork is browning, combine the brown sugar, honey, and butter in a small saucepan and cook over low heat until the butter has melted and the sugar is dissolved, forming a glaze. Spread half of the glaze on the pork loin and place the cast iron skillet in the oven. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 20 minutes. Remove the cover and add the remaining glaze, cooking for 10 minutes more. Check the internal temperature of your pork loin with a meat thermometer; it should be 145 degrees. Remove the pork from the oven and let the meat rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
Use the cook time to fix mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes and a simple green salad for side veggies. Enjoy your easy, fast and impressive brown sugar pork roast!
Brown Sugar Roasted Pork Loin
- 1 2-lb pork tenderloin
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF and heat the olive oil in a cast iron pan on medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the flour, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Rub on the pork loin and add to the pan, browning on each side.
- At the same time in a small saucepan combine the brown sugar, honey and butter and cook in low until the sugar is dissolved and it forms a glaze.
- Spread half of the glaze on the pork loin and place in the oven. Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes.
- Remove the cover and add the remaining glaze, cooking for 10 minutes more. Remove from the oven and let sit 10 minutes before serving.
Perfect PairingWe love pork! [embed_recipe id='19197']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.