These nutritious vegetable fritters put your zucchini to good use, giving it a bright and fresh bite that also satisfies your comfort food craving.
- 2 medium zucchini (About 1 lb)
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 scallions, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (Optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped (Optional)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup parmesan, grated
- 1/4 cup flour
- Grate the zucchini into a colander and toss with salt. Let rest 10 minutes, then squeeze out remaining liquid.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Liberally coat the bottom of a large sauté pan with vegetable or olive oil and warm over medium-high heat. Fry spoonfuls of the zucchini mixture until golden brown and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Let drain on a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle on salt if desired.
Mix up the herbs and try this simple recipe with other vegetables like shredded butternut squash and sage, potatoes and dill, or corn and cilantro.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.