This veggie-heavy soup comes together in less than an hour using in season winter vegetables. It's perfect for dinner and makes great leftovers.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 oz pancetta, diced
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 28 oz canned or boxed crushed tomatoes
- 1 piece parmesan rind (About 3 inches long)
- 19 oz cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups your favorite sliced greens (We recommend spinach, Savoy cabbage, kale, or chard without the ribs)
- 6 cups broth
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, celery, pancetta, and garlic. Cook until they begin to soften, 5-7 minutes. Add the rosemary and thyme, and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add tomato paste, tomatoes, parmesan rind, beans, greens (expect if you use spinach, save that for the very end), and broth, then bring to a boil. Let simmer until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Serve garnished with freshly grated parmesan, and enjoy!
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.