Sometimes you don't feel like cooking dinner, right? If you can get away with serving a rich and decadent dip for dinner on Friday night when you're just plum exhausted from the week, this White Cheddar Chocolate Dip is just what you need.
I know what you are thinking. Cheese and chocolate?! Believe us, it works. One of my favorite snacks of all time is savory Goldfish crackers mixed together with semi-sweet chocolate chips. The saltiness from the cheese crackers pair with the slight sweetness from the chocolate chips. I've tried it with milk chocolate, but it doesn't taste the same. You need that bitterness from the dark chocolate the cut through.
How to Make White Cheddar Chocolate Dip
To make this unusual dip, start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, shredded white cheddar cheese, and Parmesan cheese. The cream cheese and mascarpone are naturally sweet while the white cheddar and parmesan bring a salty-tone to the party. Stir in the red wine and transfer the mixture into a baking dish, smoothing the top with the back of a wooden spoon.
Bake the dip until the top is slightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and top with chocolate truffles or chopped chocolate bars. We like to use a variety with dark chocolate with sea salt. Lindt Excellence Dark Chocolate with a Touch of Sea Salt is a great alternative to use in place of the truffles.
Serve the dip with pretzels and fresh fruit.
While you are at it, why not try some other chocolate and cheese pairings? Blue cheese and dark chocolate go surprisingly well together as well as goat cheese and milk chocolate. Serve a plate of these on the side and show off how cultured you really are.
Watch: Candied Orange Chocolate
White Cheddar Chocolate Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tbsp red wine (A dry red is best)
- 8 chocolate truffles, chopped (We like the Sea Salt variety for this dip)
- Strawberries and pretzels for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine cream cheese, mascarpone, and Parmesan together in bowl. Mix well to evenly distribute the Parmesan cheese throughout.
- Add red wine, stir to combine.
- Press dip into small baking dish and smooth the top with back of wooden spoon.
- Bake the dip for 25 to 30 minutes or until the top is slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and sit for 10 minutes.
- Pile chocolate truffles onto top of dip after 10 minutes, and serve immediately with strawberries and pretzels!
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.