White Bean Salad with Sun Dried Tomatoes
High in protein and packed with flavor, this meal-worthy salad is perfect for make-ahead lunches or as a side dish at pot lucks.
White Bean Salad
- 2 cans white beans, 15 oz each (We like Great Northern, Cannellini, or Navy)
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 1 tbs capers
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup olive oil (Or use some of the oil the tomatoes were packed in)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs oregano, fresh (Or 2 tsp dried)
- As desired, slice the sun dried tomatoes and olives. Rinse the capers to remove excess saltiness.
- Toss all the salad ingredients except the parsley in a bowl.
- In a smaller bowl or measuring cup, stir together the vinegar, mustard, garlic, and oregano. While whisking constantly, pour in the olive oil. Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Pour the dressing over the bean salad, sprinkle on the parsley, then toss again.
- To give the flavors a chance to harmonize, it's best to let it rest at room temperature for 20 minutes before digging in. Or better yet, refrigerate it overnight.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.