Whiskey Glazed Carrots
These sweet and boozy glazed carrots make an elegant addition to any fancy affair, but are easy enough to throw together to elevate a busy weeknight dinner.
- 5 tbs butter, divided
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch medallions or along the bias
- 1/2 cup whiskey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (Or more to taste)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt 2 tbs in a wide, high walled skillet (cast irons are perfect) or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add half the carrots and cook to color and lightly soften, about 3 minutes. Set the carrots aside on a plate. Add another tbs of butter to the pan, then continue with the remaining uncooked carrots.
- Pour in the whiskey to deglaze the pan and let cook down about 30 seconds before stirring in the remaining butter and brown sugar. Bring to a boil and let thicken until the sugar melts. Return carrots to the pan then stir to coat.
- Cover and let cook for about 5 minutes to soften the carrots. Remove the lid to stir and add any desired salt or pepper, then let cook another 5 minutes to let the glaze continue to reduce.
- Serve warm, garnished with fresh parsley, chives, or thyme, and enjoy!
Looking for an alcohol-free way to make carrots more interesting? Swap in orange juice in place of whiskey.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.