Watermelon Mint Lime Agua Fresca
This incredibly refreshing drink is a great way to get a serving of fresh fruit without as much sugar as off-the-shelf juices.
- 4 cups watermelon, seeded and cubed
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 lime
- 2 oz fresh mint
- 8 tbs sugar (Adjust to taste and according to the melon's sweetness)
- Add the watermelon and water to a blender, working in batches as needed. Cut one of the limes in quarters, and juice one quarter over the blender.
- Process until smooth. Transfer to a pitcher and refrigerate, if desired.
- To serve, thinly slice the remaining lime quarters, getting about 3 to 5 new slices from each quarter. Place about 3 fresh mint leaves in the bottom of a glass along with a lime slice and 1 tsp to 1 tbs sugar. Muddle to release the lime juices and mint oils. Then top with ice and pour on the watermelon juice.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.