Trace Adkins will commemorate 25 years in big-time country music with the Aug. 27 release of his 13th studio album, The Way I Wanna Go.
Guest collaborators Luke Bryan and Pitbull appear on the first song shared from the new project, "Where the Country Girls At." It's a funky stew of fiddle, banjo, hip-hop beats and autobiographical statements by Mr. Worldwide himself.
A press release lauds the collab as "your new summer party anthem and this generation's 'Honky Tonk Badonkadonk.'"
"I've got to the point I think in my career where it's all up to me now," Adkins says in a press release. "I can do whatever I want to do, and that's a beautiful place to be. I love where I'm at, I really do. I've had the perfect career, and I'm right where I want to be."
The new collection of songs comes a quarter-century after the "You're Gonna Miss This" singer's debut, Dreamin' Out Loud.
Adkins' upcoming gigs mix makeup dates from 2020's postponed The Way I Wanna Go tour with stops on Shelton's Friends & Heroes tour.
The Way I Wanna Go Track Listing
- "Where I Am Today" (Mark Holman/ Rhett Akins/ Dallas Davidson/ Ben Hayslip)
- "Heartbreak Song" (Greg Crowe/ Johnny Garcia/ Adam Wood)
- "Where The Country Girls At (feat. Luke Bryan & Pitbull)" (Monty Criswell/ Derek George/ Michael White)
- "Cadillac'n" (Kendell Marvel/ Dan Auerbach/ Paul Overstreet)
- "Finding My Groove" (Dan Smalley/ Casey Beathard/ Houston Phillips)
- "Cowboy Boots and Jeans" (Jim Beavers/ Lindsay Rimes/ Jonathan Singleton)
- "Live It Lonely" (Kelsey Hart/ Kyle Schlienger)
- "Love Walks Through The Rain (feat. Melissa Etheridge)" (Mickey Jack Cones/ Marla Cannon-Goodman/ Kelly Archer)
- "Honey Child" (Monty Criswell/ Robert Counts/ Jimmy Ritchey)
- "It's A Good Thing I Don't Drink" (Kerry Kurt Phillips/ Jamie Teachenor - produced by Mickey Jack Cones/ Kenny Beard)
- "Jesus Was A Hippie" (Monty Criswell/ Randy Montana)
- "Memory to Memphis (feat. Keb' Mo' & Stevie Wonder on harmonica)" (Monty Criswell/ Derek George/ Curt Chambers)
- "You're Mine" (Mickey Jack Cones/ Steven Dale Jones)
- "The Way I Wanna Go" (Barry Dean/ Troy Verges/ TJ Osborne/ John Osborne - produced by Jon Coleman)
- "It All Adds Up To Us" (Trace Adkins/ Kenny Beard/ Matt Nolan)
- "If I Was A Woman (feat. Blake Shelton)" (Trace Adkins/ Sherrié Austin/ Jeff Bates/ Kenny Beard - produced by Mickey Jack Cones/ Kenny Beard)
- "Got It Down" (Craig Wiseman/ Brandon Kinney)
- "Careful Girl" (Monty Criswell/ Tony Lane/ Brice Long
- "Empty Chair" (Lance Miller/ David Frasier/ Lonnie Fowler)
- "Cowboy Up" (John Pierce/ Tony Lane/ Jordan Walker)
- "Somewhere In America" (Jon Nite/ Hunter Phelps/ Michael Hardy/ Zach Crowell)
- "So Do The Neighbors (feat. Snoop Dogg)" (Monty Criswell/ Derek George/ Shane Minor/ Calvin Broadus)
- "I Should Let You Go" (Monty Criswell/ Tim Mensy)
- "Low Note" (Monty Criswell/ Derek George/ Michael White)
- "Welcome To" (Craig Wiseman/ Jacob Rice/ James McCormick)
Enjoy all things country?
Don't miss a story! Sign up for daily stories delivered to your inbox.