Trace Adkins has big news for his fans: He's releasing a new album this spring and he's hitting the road for brand new tour dates.
Adkins is releasing his forthcoming album, Something Going On, in March. The album is his 12th studio album, but his first on Broken Bow's Wheelhouse Records. It's set for a March 31 release and it's his first in four years. That's a long wait for Adkins fans! Something Going On will include his previously released songs, "Jesus and Jones" and "Lit." Even though fans are familiar with those, his first official single for the album will be "Watered Down."
"When I first heard "Watered Down," I felt an immediate connection with what I wanted to say," the singer said. "A man comes to a point in his life where he begins to reflect on his past and what he's learned, and that's what fueled this song. If you've led the kind of life I've led, at some point you have to temper your vices."
Fans will get a chance to hear that track along with others from the album while Adkins is on the road. He'll head out for his Something Going On Tour this year and tickets go on sale Friday (Jan. 27). Full dates for his tour are on his official website.
Trace Adkins' Something Going On Track Listing:
1. Ain't Just the Whiskey Talkin' (Terry McBride, Brett Beavers)
2. Jesus and Jones (Tyler Farr, Jim McCormick, Casey Beathard)
3. Watered Down (Matt Jenkins, Trevor Rosen, Shane McAnally)
4. Something's Going On (Chris Cavanaugh, Mark Stephen Jones)
5. If Only You Were Lonely (Jon Coleman, Troy Johnson)
6. Gonna Make You Miss Me (Tommy Lee James, Matt Nolan, Andrew Dorff)
7. I'm Gone (Craig Campbell, Max T. Barnes)
8. Country Boy Problems (Tommy Lee James, Josh Osborne)
9. Lit (Mickey Jack Cones, Monty Criswell, Derek George)
10. Still a Soldier (Phil O'Donnell, Wade Kirby)
11. Whippoorwills and Freight Trains (Phil O'Donnell, Jeff Middleton, Brandon Kinney)
12. Hang (Lynn Hutton, Phil O'Donnell)