Camping is one of the great summer adventures, and what better way to top off a day of hiking, kayaking, or hunting by unwinding around a campfire with your friends, family and a glass of delicious sangria?
This recipe is so easy to make in advance, and it's portable and mess-free. Make a sangria concentrate out of nothing but fruit, wine, and vodka, and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight. When you get to your campsite, mix it with flavored soda to water down the concentrate and add some sweetness.
- 3-4 cups of your favorite fruit, cut up (we recommend peaches, grapes, apples, and strawberries, but you can add blackberries, pear, or whatever else sounds delicious!)
- 1 bottle of white wine (if you have any left, cork it and bring it with you)
- 3/4 cup of vodka (we use plain, but feel free to mix it up with your favorite fruity flavor!)
- 1 liter of Fresca (Sprite or Lacroix work great too)
- Fill a 32oz mason jar with your chopped fruit
- Pour vodka in around the fruit--it should fill about a fourth of the jar
- Fill the rest of the jar with wine
- Close the jar securely and let the concentrate sit for several hours in the refrigerator (we recommend leaving it overnight if you can)
- Once your concentrate is ready, pack the jar, your carbonated fruit soda of choice, and any leftover wine and head to your campsite!
- Mix the concentrate, soda and any leftover wine together
- Serve and enjoy!