Get a mix of the Heartland and Canada in one dish! This Southern-Style Poutine is topped with Barbecue sauce and cheese curds.
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 5 potatoes, cut into fries
- 2 cups Barbecue sauce of your choice
- 2 cups cheese curds
- In a large pot or deep fryer, heat oil to 350ºF.
- Place 1/4 of fries in oil and cook until lightly browned and crispy, about 7 minutes. Drain on a paper-towel lined plate. Repeat with remaining fries.
- Meanwhile heat barbecue sauce up in a small saucepan.
- Place fries on a serving platter and top with barbecue sauce and cheese curds. Serve.
The best barbecue sauces to serve with this dish are tangy and spicy. Cheese curds can be found in the cheese or deli section of your grocery store.