Texas Stuffed Tomatoes
Giant beefsteak tomatoes are filled to the brim with cowboy caviar, making these Texas Stuffed Tomatoes a family favorite.
- 6 beefsteak tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups cowboy caviar (recipe in notes)
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/4 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat your oven to 450ºF.
- Prepare your tomatoes by slicing 1/2-inch from the top and scooping out the seeds and membrane.
- Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray and coat the tomatoes in the olive oil and salt and pepper.
- In a bowl combine the caviar, rice, and cheese and stuff into the tomatoes equally. Tent the pan with foil and bake 10 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until tomatoes are soft, about 5 minutes more. Serve.
You can find the recipe for the Cowboy Caviar here. You can use the middles of the tomato for a tomato sauce or as a topping on crusty bread.
Perfect PairingServe these Texas Stuffed Tomatoes with a glass of Ginger Beer Shandy. [embed_recipe id='18155']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.