The one drink you can always look forward to during a brunch out is the Bloody Mary. Savory and served with a variety of different toppings such as hot sauce, dill pickle spears, and even pickled okra, the Bloody Mary has been a classic Sunday morning hangover cure for ages.
Today we decided to go local and take a look at some of our favorite spots to get the best Bloody Mary in the lone-star state. So come follow along and bring a friend-we are going to have some fun and drink a lot of tasty cocktails.
1. Red Snapper
Seersucker Southern Style Gin, San Antonio
Our first stop takes us to San Antonio, home of the Red Snapper. Noted as the Classic Bloody Mary's lesser known gin-baed cousin, this cocktail was created by master distiller Trey Azar. Made with a gin, lemon juice, red pepper and cucumber, this cocktail gets its name from it's spice mixture.
The Red Snapper mix includes pinches of turmeric, celery salt, garlic powder and a few other selected spices along with a splash of Worcestershire sauce and clamato juice
For the cocktail:
- 1.5 oz. Seersucker Southern Style Gin
- 0.5 oz. lemon juice
- 1 red bell pepper slice, muddled
- 1 cucumber wheel, muddled
- 3.5 oz. Red Snapper mix
- Tajin, for garnish
- 1 cucumber wheel, for garnish
For the Red Snapper mix:
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Pinch of celery salt
- Pinch of cayenne
- Pinch of chili powder
- Pinch of turmeric
- Splash of Worcestershire
- 3.5 oz. of clamato juice
- Combine all Red Snapper mix ingredients in a glass and stir
- Add all cocktail ingredients to a shaker
- Add ice and shake
- Pour shaker (including ice) into a chilled highball glass
- Garnish with cucumber wheel and Tajin salt and serve
- 7 oz your favorite Bloody Mary mix
- 4 oz Guinness
- 5 oz premium vodka
- Pickle spear, green olive, cherry tomato, pickled green bean for garnish
2. Guinness Bloody Mary
Blatt Beer & Table, Dallas
Created with Blatt Beer & Table's own Bloody Mary Mix, this Bloody Mary is mixed with Guinness beer and topped with a garnish of pickles. You can't go wrong with a breakfast drink like that.
Make sure you take a pic of this cocktail for your Instagram, your friends will love to take glimpse at one of the best Bloody Marys in the state.
- Add Bloody Mary mix, vodka and ice into an empty shaker. Shake until ingredients are well-mixed. Fill glass. Top with Guinness, and add a skewer with pickle, green olive, cherry tomato, and pickled green bean for the finishing touch. Enjoy!
3. Bangkok Bloody Mary
Snooze, an A.M. Eatery, Austin
Concocted with vodka, Sriracha, lime, cilantro, basil, fish sauce and house Bloody Mary mix, this cocktail will remind you of that "One Night in Bangkok".
Pair it with the Snooze Classic for an all-around breakfast experience while preparing this Bloody Mary recipe.
- Togarashi seasoning
- Kosher salt
- Add and mix equal parts Togarashi seasoning and Kosher salt on a small plate
- Moisten rim of glass and garnish with Togarashi seasoning & Kosher salt mix
Bloody Mary Cocktail
- 1.5 fl oz. vodka
- 1.5 fl oz. Sriracha mix (Sriracha sauce, garlic chili paste, fish sauce, lime juice)
- 3.5 fl oz. of your favorite Bloody Mary mix
- 3-4 sprigs of cilantro
- 1 basil leaf torn
- Combine ice, vodka, Sriracha mix, Bloody Mary mix, and basil leaf into cocktail mixer
- Close and shake
- Pour into glass with rim garnish and sprigs of cilantro.
4. The Meaty Bloody Mary
DISH Preston Hollow, Dallas
This Ultimate Bloody Mary is packed with your protein for the day. Carefully concocted cinco vodka is mixed with a Bloody Revolution ribeye mix, smoked bacon, mezcal mist and smoked salt.
It's practically a meal in itself.
- 1.75 oz. Cinco
- 4.5 oz. Bloody Revolution
- Ribeye Mix
- Smoked Salt Rim
- Mezcal Spritz
- Bacon (for garnish)
- Build Bloody in mixing glass.
- Roll drink from mixing glass to shaker.
- Pour into rimmed highball cocktail glass & garnish with bacon.
- Add Mezcal mist & serve.
5. Ten50 Bloody Mary
Ten50 BBQ, Richardson
If you love BBQ and Bloody Mary's, you are going to go head-over-heels for this cocktail. Made using Ten50's own BBQ sauce, this cocktail gets topped off with a garnish of brisket.
- 1 ¼ oz. vodka
- 2 dashes tabasco
- 3 dashes Worcestershire
- Squeeze of lemon
- Squeeze of lime
- Ten50's secret Bloody Mary mix including Ten50's BBQ sauce (Any Bloody Mary mix will suffice)
- Rim a pint glass with salt
- Fill with ice and add ingredients, saving Bloody Mary mix for last
- Garnish with celery stick, olives, lemon
- Option to add Ten50 brisket torpedo
- 1.25 cup light soy sauce
- .25 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 5 oz Onion-pepper infused vodka
- 2.5 oz Bloody Mary mix
- .5 oz Ponzu
- Splash Sriracha
- Course salt, green olives and lime wheels for garnish
- Add ice, vodka, Bloody Mary mix, ponzu and a splash of Sriracha to your shaker. Shake well.
- Give your glass a generous rim of salt, then pour the red devil into it (we recommend a martini glass)
- Top it off with a green olive, and a fresh lime wheel.
6. Perfect Bloody Mary
Blue Sushi Sake Grill, Dallas
Blue Sushi Sake Grill knows how to make a mean cocktail with an Asian twist, making this the perfect Bloody Mary. Made with onion, pepper, Sriracha, herb-infused vodka, ponzu and tomato juice, this cocktail then gets garnished with an olive and a lime wedge.
Combine these ingredients and set aside.
Perfect Bloody Mary
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.