Terry McBride's career as a songwriter and singer spans four decades and includes the early '90s success of McBride & the Ride and a list of more than 20 co-writes cut by Brooks & Dunn. Until now, the main career first lacking from McBride's list of accolades was a full-length solo debut.
That changes with new album Rebels & Angels, the follow-up to the 2017 EP Hotels & Highways. Grammy winner Luke Laird produced the Oct. 23 release, which features a Chris Stapleton co-write plus duets with Patty Loveless and Delbert McClinton.
Today, Wide Open Country premieres a stripped-down acoustic version of "Callin' All Hearts." The Laird co-write captures the often imitated, rarely duplicated feel of a fresh heartbreak while warning bar-hoppers of a 5'2", baby blue-eyed heartbreaker.
"This was the first song I wrote with my producer, Luke Laird," McBride says in a press release. "I feel we did a good job of capturing a 90's country singer with a modern day contemporary production. Luke's acoustic guitar and those catchy fiddle licks set the tone for this one.
"I'm extremely excited to finally have new music to share," he adds. "This is the first single from my first full length solo effort and the first song I wrote with long time friend Luke Laird who produced the album. Here's a little unplugged version of what's to come!"
An Austin-raised Nashville star, McBride co-wrote songs recorded by some of the top country music artists of the past 30 years. Beyond Brooks & Dunn's "Play Something Country" and the duo's Reba McEntire collaboration "If You See Him/If You See Her," McBride's songwriting accolades include Alan Jackson's "Gonna Come Back as a Country Song," Garth Brooks' "All-American Kid," Gretchen Wilson's "Outlaws and Renegades," Easton Corbin's "Are You With Me," George Strait's "Nobody Has to Get Hurt," Cole Swindell's "Up" and Josh Gracin's "Stay With Me (Brass Bed)."
Rebels & Angels Track Listing:
1. Callin' All Hearts (Luke Laird/Terry McBride)
2. She Shows Up (Matt Rogers/Terry McBride)
3. Rebels & Angels (featuring Patty Loveless) (Chris Stapleton/Terry McBride)
4. Like Neon (Luke Laird/Marv Green/Brice Long/Terry McBride)
5. Went For One (featuring Delbert McClinton) (Brice Long/Terry McBride)
6. Love Me Some Texas (Brice Long/Terry McBride)
7. Honky Tonkinest (Luke Laird/Terry McBride)
8. Corpus Christi Wind (Dale McBride)
9. Leave The Neon Light On (Luke Laird/Terry McBride)
10. Lampasas Lady (Brice Long/Luke Laird/Terry McBride)