Living legend Tanya Tucker's throwing three big-city release parties for While I'm Livin', her first album of fresh country material in 17 years, with shindigs slated in Nashville, New York and Los Angeles.
The parties begin at the intimate Exit/In in Nashville on Aug. 22, the evening before the album's official release date. On Sept. 17, Sirius/XM presents another release show at New York's Bowery Ballroom. Finally, Tucker appears in Los Angeles, where she'll soon have her own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, on Oct. 16 at historic folk and rock club The Troubadour.
All three dates anchor a slate of appearances to promote Tucker's new album, co-produced by Brandi Carlile and Shooter Jennings. Carlile co-wrote most of the new songs with her twin bandmates Phil and Tim Anseroth. Additional material includes covers of Miranda Lambert's "The House That Built Me," Waylon Jennings and David Lynn Jones' "High Ridin' Heroes" and the single "Hard Luck," originally recorded in the '70s by Texas-based hard rock pioneers Josefus.
"It's a musical biography of sorts," says Carlile in press release. "(It's) about Tanya's real life and the places she's seen, and it's narrated by the greatest country and western singer this side of Johnny Cash."
Ticket sales for all three shows begin this Fri., July 12 at 10 a.m. local time.
While I'm Livin' Track List
1. "Mustang Ridge" (Brandi Carlile, Tim Hanseroth and Phil Hanseroth)
2. "The Wheels Of Laredo" (Carlile, Tim Hanseroth and Phil Hanseroth)
3. "I Don't Owe You Anything" (Carlile, Tim Hanseroth and Phil Hanseroth)
4. "The Day My Heart Goes Still" (Carlile, Tim Hanseroth and Phil Hanseroth)
5. "High Ridin' Heroes" (written by David Lynn Jones)
6. "The House That Built Me" (Tom Douglas and Allen Shamblin)
7. "Hard Luck" (John C. "Pete" Bailey, David Lee Mitchell, Raymond L. Turner and Jerry Ontiberoz)
8. "Rich" (Carlile, Tim Hanseroth and Phil Hanseroth)
9. "Seminole Wind Calling" (Carlile, Tim Hanseroth and Phil Hanseroth)
10. "Bring My Flowers Now" (Tanya Tucker, Carlile, Tim Hanseroth and Phil Hanseroth)