Tanya Tucker has been the gambling kind throughout her 47-year career. Here lately, she's played a hot hand in the buildup to her first new studio album in 17 years, While I'm Livin', as captured in the fierce yet funny music video for "Hard Luck."
Album co-producers Brandi Carlile and Shooter Jennings guest-star with Tucker. Together, they descend on American Legion Post 82 to tell hard luck tales and create new memories at a spot that's come to represent Nashville's honky-tonk past.
As for the new song, it's a cover of a song by influential 1970s hard rock band Josefus, reworded to suit Tucker's hard-earned reputation. In Tucker's version, the most soulful choir this side of Sunday morning backs her as she sings one for fans with their fair share of sinful Saturday nights.
The song and video highlight one of the new album cuts not co-written by Carlile and her twin bandmates Phil and Tim Hanseroth. Tucker also interprets the Miranda Lambert hit "The House That Built Me" on the album, out Aug. 23 via Fantasy Records.
While I'm Livin' Track List
1. "Mustang Ridge" (Brandi Carlile, Tim Hanseroth and Phil Hanseroth)
2. "The Wheels Of Laredo" (Carlile, Tim Hanseroth and Phil Hanseroth)
3. "I Don't Owe You Anything" (Carlile, Tim Hanseroth and Phil Hanseroth)
4. "The Day My Heart Goes Still" (Carlile, Tim Hanseroth and Phil Hanseroth)
5. "High Ridin' Heroes" (written by David Lynn Jones)
6. "The House That Built Me" (Tom Douglas and Allen Shamblin)
7. "Hard Luck" (John C. "Pete" Bailey, David Lee Mitchell, Raymond L. Turner and Jerry Ontiberoz)
8. "Rich" (Carlile, Tim Hanseroth and Phil Hanseroth)
9. "Seminole Wind Calling" (Carlile, Tim Hanseroth and Phil Hanseroth)
10. "Bring My Flowers Now" (Tanya Tucker, Carlile, Tim Hanseroth and Phil Hanseroth)
Now Watch: 5 Country Dance Moves You Should Master
Enjoy all things country?
Don't miss a story! Sign up for daily stories delivered to your inbox.