Sweet Potato Pancakes
Sneak some tasty nutrition into your breakfast to start the day off right with these quick and easy sweet potato pancakes.
- 2 medium/large sweet potatoes (Or 2 cups leftover mashed sweet potato)
- 3 tbs butter, melted and cooled (Plus more for cooking)
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk (Or use 1 cup sour cream and 1 1/2 cup milk)
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- Boil or roast the sweet potato until tender. Let cool enough to handle, then peel and mash.
- To the mashed sweet potatoes, add the butter, egg, and buttermilk.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and brown sugar.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients (the order doesn't matter so much for pancakes) and mix until just combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium with 1-2 tbs butter. Let it coat the pan, then working with about 1/4 cup batter at a time, fry the pancakes. They'll need about 2 minutes on each side for the edges to crisp up and to get sufficiently golden brown.
- Serve warm, topped with real maple syrup, and enjoy!
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.