Sweet Potato Gnocchi
This Sweet Potato Gnocchi isn't as complicated as it looks! All you need is some leftover sweet potatoes and you are good to go!
- 3 cups pureed sweet potato
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp sage
- fresh cracked black pepper
- In a bowl mix together the sweet potato, garlic, salt, nutmeg, and egg. Add in the flour a little at a time until a dough forms, making sure not to over knead.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Roll the dough on a floured surface into large snakes and cut into 1-inch sections. Drop the pieces into the boiling water and let cook until they float to the top. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- While the gnocchi cooks, prepare a skillet with the butter and sage. Let melt and warm. Add in the gnocchi once cooked and toss to coat. Let brown a little before serving.
The art of gnocchi is to barely knead the dough, otherwise the dumplings will be rubbery. Add Parmesan cheese if desired.
Perfect PairingLove sweet potatoes? Check out our Sweet Potato Rolls. [embed_recipe id='19782']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.