Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecans and Marshmallows
Bring these richly smooth sweet potatoes with crunchy pecans and gooey marshmallows to win your next sit-down dinner.
- 5 red skinned sweet potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 5 tbs butter, melted
- 3 tbs pure maple syrup
- 2 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 tbs butter, melted
- 1/2 cup pecan, halves
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Scrub sweet potatoes and bake or boil until tender. Let cool, then peel and mash or purée.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs, butter, pure maple syrup, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and salt.
- Add sweet potatoes to egg mixture. When combined, transfer to a lightly greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Make topping by combining brown sugar, chopped pecans, and butter. Set aside.
- Bake until mixture is set and topping begins to bubble, about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with pecan halves and marshmallows. Bake until marshmallows begin to brown, about 10 minutes.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.