Sugar Skull Pear with Cream Cheese Crepes
Try this fun Día de los Muertos dessert the next time you need a party center piece or a fun-to-make snack!
- 10-12 crepes (Store bought or make your own)
- 1-2 pears
- 1-2 kiwis
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz mascarpone
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine cream cheese, mascarpone, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in mixing bowl and whisk until combined. Electric mixers are recommend, unless you want a workout.
- Lay each crepe flat, and spread on a thin layer of filling on each. Fold in half, then fold in thirds.
- Slice pear as close to the core as possible to get the tallest slice.
- Use your favorite cookie cutters to make fun shapes with the other sliced fruit. Pineapple and kiwi work really well for this.
- Place pear at center of crepes for the skull, then decorate with the other fruit to make the facial expressions. Use sunflower seeds to make tiny teeth.
- Decorate the rest of the crepes as deliciously as you want. We made an alternating pattern on ours, but this is a great step for everyone to get their hands on.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.