Strawberry Food Processor Ice Cream
There's nothing better than Strawberry Food Processor Ice Cream on a hot summer day. This ice cream will be ready to eat in no time.
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, vanilla extract and salt until pale yellow and the mixture falls in thick ribbons, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a medium saucepan heat the evaporated milk to a simmer. With the mixer running, slowly pour the evaporated milk in and whisk until fully incorporated. Transfer back into the saucepan and whisk until the mixture reaches 180ºF. The mixture should be thick. Chill mixture and pour into ice cube trays. Freeze solid, about 4-5 hours.
- In a food processor add ice cubes and heavy whipping cream and strawberries. Process until smooth and strawberries are chopped. Transfer to a container and freeze 4 more hours before serving.
You can use frozen strawberries in this recipe instead of fresh. Keep this ice cream in a air-tight container to prevent freezer burn.
Perfect PairingNothing says summer more than ice cream. [embed_recipe id='29412']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.