Spiced Slow Cooker Cabbage Rolls
These Spiced Slow Cooker Cabbage Rolls are filled with ground beef and rice and topped with a spiced tomato sauce. Can you say, Delish?
- 12 cabbage leaves
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 serrano, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- chopped parsley
- In a large pot filled with boiling water, drop the cabbage leaves in and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the rice, egg, milk, onion, ground beef, salt, and pepper. Place the meat mixture evenly in the cabbage leaves and roll tightly. Place each roll into the slow cooker.
- In a bowl mix together the tomato sauce, serrano, crushed red pepper, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over cabbage rolls.
- Cover and cook the cabbage rolls on LOW until cooked through and tender, about 8-9 hours. Serve with chopped parsley.
If you want the dish to be milder, leave out the chilies. This slow cooked meal takes time. Make sure to start this recipe early in the day!
Perfect PairingLooking for another dinner? Try out our Slow Cooker Butter Chicken. [embed_recipe id='19484']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.