Power bowls make great lunches. They're healthy and taste great, plus they make meal prep super easy. Unlike the heavy leftovers from your favorite Italian place, eating a quinoa power bowl for lunch won't make you sleepy in the afternoon. And they're a whole foods-based boost of nutrition, so no matter what you have for dinner, you've managed to eat some veggies and lean protein that day. This Southwestern power bowl is dairy-free, high in protein and has healthy carbs.
The chicken is coated in a Mexican-inspired seasoning blend of garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, and cumin. Sprinkle the seasoning over two chicken breasts and then cook the chicken in a large skillet until it's cooked all the way through. Once the chicken is done, saute the corn.
Assemble the bowls by first layering down the quinoa, then top with the roasted corn, red onion, black beans, avocado, cilantro, and chicken. Make the dressing by whisk lime juice, olive oil, and hot sauce together in a small bowl. Pour the dressing over your Southwestern power bowl and toss. Enjoy your healthy eating!
Southwestern Power Bowl
Now you can eat healthy without sacrificing flavor, thanks to this smokey Southwestern chicken and quinoa power bowl with lime dressing.
Southwestern Power Bowl
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 cups corn
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 15 oz black beans
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
Zesty Lime Dressing
- 3 tbs lime juice
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 dash hot sauce
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Whisk together garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, cumin, and any desired salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle this seasoning blend over the chicken, then cook until no longer pink, about 8 minutes per side. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Add corn to the skillet to brown. Add another tbs oil if necessary. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Assemble the bowls by first layering down the quinoa, then top with the roasted corn, red onion, black beans, avocado, cilantro, and chicken.
- Whisk lime juice, olive oil, and hot sauce together. Pour the dressing over and toss.
Enjoy all things country?
Don't miss a story! Sign up for daily stories delivered to your inbox.