Southwestern Million Dollar Spaghetti
Add a southwestern twist to your million dollar spaghetti with the addition of chili, cumin, and a bit of heat from cayenne pepper!
- 1 box spaghetti cooked according to package and drained
- 2 24-oz cans spaghetti sauce divided
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 lbs sweet Italian sausage casing removed
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 cups mozzerella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Mix spaghetti with one jar of tomato sauce and set aside.
- In small bowl combine chili powder, cumin, cayenne, and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the oil. Sauté onion, green pepper, and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes. Add sausage and half of of seasoning mix and cook until no pink remains. Drain well and add remaining tomato sauce to skillet and stir.
- In a medium bowl mix together ricotta, cream cheese, sour cream, 1 cup of mozzarella, and remaining seasoning mix. Set aside.
- Spray a 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray and spread half of the spaghetti mixture in the pan. Add half of the cheese mixture and spoon it evenly over the spaghetti. Repeat with remaining spaghetti and cheese mixture. Top with meat sauce and ending with the remaining shredded mozzarella.
- Bake until cheese is melted and the dish is heated through, about 35 minutes.
This dish is a great make-ahead meal. Prepare the dish through step 5 and wrap tightly in plastic and aluminum foil. Freeze up to two months. Thaw in the fridge overnight and bake according to step 6.
Perfect PairingCool down with this Watermelon Sorbet. So frosty! [embed_recipe id='13508']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.