Southwestern Egg Rolls
These Southwestern Egg Rolls are filled with all of your favorite ingredients! Black beans, jalapeño, corn, and red pepper. Yum!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp minced green onion
- 2 Tbsp minced red pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 1 cup grated cabbage
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese
- 6 egg roll wrappers
- oil for deep frying
- Add the olive oil to a skillet and heat over medium. Add the green onion, red pepper, corn, black beans, jalapeño, and cabbage and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the cumin, chili powder, and salt and stir to combine. Remove from heat and add the cheese, stirring to melt.
- Place 2 Tablespoons of the mixture on the egg roll wrapper and roll into a tight cylinder, making sure to fold in the sides. Repeat with the remaining wrappers.
- Meanwhile heat 1 inch of vegetable oil in a skillet to 350ºF. Add the rolls and cook until golden on all sides, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels. Serve.
These appetizers are vegetarian. Woohoo! Serve with a side of guacamole and salsa.
Perfect PairingServe these Southwestern Egg Rolls with Grilled Pear Fries. [embed_recipe id='18333']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.