Southern Corn Casserole
Bring this crowd-pleasing casserole to any family dinner or potluck and you'll never be stuck with leftovers.
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained (about 15 oz)
- 1 can cream-style corn, not drained (about 14 oz)
- 1 package dry corn bread mix (about 6 oz)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 tbs butter, melted
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, add both cans of corn, the corn bread mix, the sour cream, melted butter, and 1/2 - 1 cup shredded cheese. Stir to evenly combine.
- Pour into a lightly greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 45 minutes.
- Top with remaining cheese, then return to oven until cheese has melted, about 5-10 minutes.
I like shredded cheddar for this, but try it with parmesan or pepper jack too. And if you want to kick up the spice and deepen the flavor, toss in sautéed jalapeño and garlic.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.