Soft Chocolate Caramels
These gooey chocolatey homemade caramels are a dream in a pan, perfect to wrap and offer as presents, mix into cookie batter, or just plain old enjoy.
- 1 1/2 cups light whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 oz semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Candy thermometer
- Prepare an 8 x 4 or 8 x 8 pan by lightly buttering it. Set aside from now.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil on low heat, stirring frequently to blend. Avoid stirring it after that. It may foam as the proteins in the whipping cream cook, remove from heat for a moment if it risks spilling over, then lower heat.
- Cook until the mixture reaches 246 F.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan (don't worry about scraping the saucepan). Let stand until set, about 1 hour.
- Cut into bite sized pieces and enjoy! They're pretty wrapped individually in wax paper.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.