Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken
Your family will love this Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken. Serve it with steamed white rice for a complete meal.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp chili garlic sauce (like Sriracha)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 1 20-oz can pineapple chunks, drained, juice reserved
- In a slow cooker add the garlic cloves and chicken thighs.
- In a small bowl combine the chili garlic sauce, pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, and ground ginger. Pour over the chicken and stir. Cover and cook on low until chicken is no longer pink, about 7 1/2 hours.
- Add the pineapple and chopped peppers and stir. Turn the slow cooker to high and cook 20 minutes. In a small bowl mix together the cornstarch and water. Pour into the slow cooker and stir. Cook 10 minutes. Serve with steamed rice.
Make sure to save the pineapple juice when draining the pineapple by draining the juice into a glass or bowl. Make a pot of white rice to serve alongside this meal.
Perfect PairingServe this Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken with Oven-Baked Asparagus Fries. [embed_recipe id='17184']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.