Slow Cooker Shepherd's Pie
This is comfort food at its finest. Our Slow Cooker Shepherd's Pie is made with ground beef, vegetables, and topped with mashed potatoes.
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
For The Filling
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan add potatoes and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and place in a bowl. Add the butter, milk, and salt and mash until smooth. Set aside.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet brown the beef and onion over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in tomato paste and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in the carrots, beef broth, red wine, Worcestershire sauce and dried thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then simmer until some liquid has evaporated. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Spread the potato mixture over the beef and cover and cook on LOW until bubbly, about 5-6 hours. Serve.
You can cook this on HIGH for 3 hours if desired. This dish will be super hot so wait 10 minutes before serving.
Perfect PairingLooking for another dinner? Try out our Beef and Barley Soup. [embed_recipe id='19337']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.