Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteaks
These big batch sandwiches are festive and tasty enough to make dinner feel special. With the slow cooker, prep is a breeze and it won't heat up the house!
- 3 lbs chuck roast or round steak
- 1 onion
- 2 green bell peppers (Use poblanos if you want a spicy kick)
- 8 oz mushrooms (Optional)
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 8 hoagie rolls
- Sliced provolone or Cheez Whiz
- Thinly slice the beef, peppers, onion, and mushrooms. Toss it all in the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or high for 4 to 5 hours. If you're able, stir once while it's cooking.
- If desired, toast the hoagie rolls before spooning on the beef filling. Top with provolone or Cheez Whiz and enjoy!