Slow Cooker Pepper Steak
This Slow Cooker Pepper Steak is a family favorite! Serve it alongside some steamed white rice to make your dinner complete.
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 14.5-oz can stewed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp cold water
- 2 lbs. beef sirloin, cut into thin strips
- 4 bell peppers, sliced thin
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In a slow cooker add onion, pepper, stewed tomatoes, brown sugar, soy sauce, beef broth, garlic, and ginger. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl whisk together cornstarch and water. Add to slow cooker and stir. Add beef and stir to coat. Cook on low for 4 hours and add the bell peppers. Cook until meat is tender, about 2 additional hours.
- Top with sliced green onion.
We like to use a variety of peppers for our dish. Try buying a variety pack! Serve this Pepper Steak with steamed rice or quinoa.
Perfect PairingServe this meal with a crispy Carrot, Radish, and Cucumber Salad. Yum! [embed_recipe id='5249']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.