Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
Whip up this creamy hands-off batch of slow cooker mashed potatoes and enjoy all the comfort with only half the work.
- 5 lbs potatoes (Use your favorite, but we like russet or gold)
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 cup broth
- 2-3 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 8 tbs butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lightly grease the slow cooker insert.
- Peel and chop the potatoes to roughly 1 inch cubes. Transfer potatoes to the slow cooker, add garlic, 1 cup broth, and 1/2 cup cream.
- Cook until potatoes are tender, about 4 to 5 hours on high.
- Warm the remaining cream to at least room temperature and melt the butter. Mash the potatoes, then add the melted butter and stir. Add the cream slowly, about 1/2 cup at a time, until the proportions are the way you like. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Keep warm until ready to serve. Top with your favorites, like chives, cheese, or a fresh pa1 of butter.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.