Slow Cooker Korean Beef
Looking for something a bit spicy and a bit sweet for dinner tonight? Try our Slow Cooker Korean Beef. It's practically addicting!
- 3/4 cup beef broth, divided
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 Tbsp Gochujang
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 4 lb boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 green onion, chopped
- In the slow cooker add the 1/2 cup beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, sesame oil, rice vinegar, ginger, Gochujang, and pepper. Whisk to combine. Add the beef and stir to coat. Cover and cook on LOW until beef is tender, about 6-8 hours.
- In a small bowl whisk together the remaining beef broth and cornstarch. Pour into the slow cooker and cover and cook on HIGH until sauce has thickened, about 30 minutes. Top with chopped green onions and serve.
You can add more Gochujang if you like it spicy! And speaking of which, you can usually find Gochujang in the International aisle in your grocery store.
Perfect PairingLove slow cooking? Try our French Onion Soup in the Slow Cooker. [embed_recipe id='19459']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.