Slow Cooker Jambalaya
Bring a Cajun flair to dinner with this no hassle slow cooker jambalaya.
- 2 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 1 lb smoked sausage
- 3 ribs celery
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups broth
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tbs creole spice mix
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 2 cups rice
- green onions, sliced (Or parsley, for garnish)
- Chop celery, onion, and bell pepper into small, 1/2 inch pieces. Slice the sausage into 1/2 inch moons or half moons. Mince the garlic.
- Combine chicken, sausage, chopped veggies, diced tomatoes, and broth in the crock pot. Stir in oregano, thyme, creole spice, and cayenne.
- Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours, or on high 3-4 hours. Turn the crock pot to high and let the liquid come to a boil. Remove chicken and shred it with a fork, then return to the pot along with the rice. Cover and let cook another 20-25 minutes on high.
- Stir to fluff the rice and ensure most of the liquid has cooked out. Garnish and serve!
Wanna punch it up? Toss in a few jalapeños or serrano peppers.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.