Slow Cooker Homemade Almond Joy Truffles
These dark chocolate coconut bites bring candy perfection to your kitchen with only four ingredients and hands off slow cooker prep.
- 2 cups almonds (We like almond pieces because it helps to make sure every bite has an almond, but whole ones are beautifully dramatic)
- 4 cups unsweetened, finely shredded coconut, divided
- 12 oz dark chocolate chips (At least around 70%, the almond bark will mellow it out)
- 12 oz chocolate almond bark
- Layer the ingredients in the bottom of a 4 quart slow cooker, starting with the almonds and 2 1/2 cups coconut, then ending with the chocolate almond bark.
- Cover and cook on low for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Once the chocolate has melted, stir to evenly distribute. Re-lid and cook another 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare two cookie sheets by lining with parchment or wax paper. Put the remaining coconut in a wide bowl to prep for rolling. You may not need all the coconut, so fill as you go if you'd like.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of the candy mixture onto the shredded coconut. Small ice cream scoops work great for getting the candy out of the slow cooker, and forks are perfect for tossing it in the coconut. Transfer to the prepped cookie sheet to let set the rest of the way.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.