Slow Cooker Cranberry and Orange Monkey Bread
Toss these tasty monkey bread dough balls in the slow cooker and relax until it's time for the fun to begin.
- 3 cans refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 oranges
- 16 tbs butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Grease the crock pot either with butter or non stick spray.
- Cut all the biscuits into quarters and return to the refrigerator for 10 minutes to chill.
- Combine butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan on the stove and melt over medium. Stirring frequently, heat until smooth, about 10 minutes. Pour half the mix into the bottom of the crock pot
- Zest the two oranges and place the zest in a large ziplock bag along with the sugar.
- Remove dough pieces from the refrigerator and add to the ziplock bag. Seal the bag and shake the dough around to evenly coat each ball with sugar and zest.
- Add roughly half the dough balls to the crock pot and toss to mix the sauce around. Sprinkle in roughly half the cranberries. Add the rest of the dough and pour on the remaining butter and sugar. Lightly toss and add the remaining cranberries.
- Cover and cook on low until biscuits are cooked through, 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Being careful to avoid the hot liquid, turn bread out onto a serving plate large enough to hold bread and to catch the dripping syrup.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.