Slow cookers are excellent tools for getting dinner on the table, or for weekend batch cooking projects. But your Crock Pot is good for more than just dinner. You can also make dessert, including excellent chocolate chip cookies. These yummy slow cooker chocolate chip cookie bars are on the ooey gooey side, perfect for snacking or as the base for an ice cream sundae.
Making the cookie dough starts off like many cookie recipes. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the all purpose-flour, baking soda, and salt. In a separate large bowl, mix the white sugar, brown sugar and melted butter together until smooth, then stir in eggs and vanilla extract, mixing the ingredients together until everything is evenly incorporated. Carefully add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Don't over mix the cookie dough.
Prepare your slow cooker by lining with foil or a slow cooker liner, then coat that with cooking spray. Pour the batter into the lined slow cooker, then top the cookie dough with chocolate chips. Cover and cook until the center is set and the edges are lightly browned; it will take two to four hours of cook time on high. Once the slow cooker chocolate chip cookie bars are done, turn off slow cooker and let the cookies rest for about 10 minutes. Transfer the baked cookie bars to a wire rack to cool the rest of the way. It's going to be tough, but wait for the cookies to cool to room temperature before you cut them into bars and serve.
Slow Cooker Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 16 tbs butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Prepare your 5 to 6 quart slow cooker by lining with foil or a slow cooker liner, then coat with cooking spray. You definitely don't want these cookies to stick!
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together both sugars and the melted butter until smooth. Stir in eggs and vanilla extract, stirring until evenly incorporated.
- Add the flour mix to the sugar mix, stirring until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the slow cooker, then top with chocolate chips.
- Cover and cook until the center is set and the edges are lightly browned, about 2-4 hours on high. If your slow cooker runs hot, it may be better to try it on low.
- Turn off slow cooker and let cookie rest for 5 - 10 minutes (it'll keep cooking slightly), then transfer to a wire rack to cool the rest of the way. Let cool completely before cutting, which should take about an hour.
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.