Slow Cooker Chili Mac
Chili mac is the ultimate comfort food. Treat yo self and let the slow cooker do the work with this flavorful, hands-off recipe.
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef or turkey
- 30 oz kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 15 oz diced tomatoes
- 4 oz diced green chilies
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp cayenne
- 2 tbs chili powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 12 oz dried macaroni
- Optional: Cook onion over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in cayenne, chili powder, paprika, and cumin, cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add ground meat and garlic, cooking to brown the meat. Transfer browned meat mixture to the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the macaroni, to the slow cooker. Add any desired salt and pepper then cover and cook on low 6 hours.
- When ready to serve, cook the macaroni per package instructions, then drain and stir into the chili. Serve, garnished with shredded cheese, sour cream, fresh chopped peppers or green onions, and enjoy!
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.