Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup
This Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup is comfort in a bowl! Juicy chicken paired with peas, corn, and celery, bathed in a rich sauce.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- To your slow cooker add the chicken, onion, celery, carrots, peas, potatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, bay leaf, and chicken broth. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
- Once the 4 hours are up, remove the bay leave and shred the chicken. Place the chicken back in the slow cooker.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl whisk together the heavy cream and flour until smooth. Pour into the slow cooker and stir. Cook on HIGH, covered, until soup has thickened, about 40 minutes. Serve.
Serve this soup with a side of biscuits. You can also use 2-3 Tbsp of cornstarch in place of the flour.
Perfect PairingLove Slow Cooking? You've got to try out this Slow Cooker Spicy Potato Korma. [embed_recipe id='18865']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.