Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
Warm up with this Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup. Make it and let it cook all day long for delicious home-cooked flavor.
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Place the chicken, parsnip, carrots, onion, celery, garlic, thyme, bay leaf, and chicken broth. Season with salt and pepper and cook on low until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, about 7 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred into bite-sized pieces. Place back in slow cooker along with noodles. Cook until noodles are tender, about 10-20 minutes. Serve with chopped parsley.
You can also cook this soup on high for 3-4 hours. Shred your chicken with two forks or in a stand-mixer with a paddle attachment.
Perfect PairingLove Slow Cooking? Check out this Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese. [embed_recipe id='17591']
Enjoy Country Music?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.